Homemade scratch ticket. (x)
1. PRINT: Print card design.
2. WRITE MESSAGE: In the hearts that will be scratched off, write sweet things for your Valentine with a pen. In my case I offered small acts of service, but it can be anything…be creative. Warning: Before you move onto the next step make sure the ink is COMPLETELY dry. A thin Sharpie may work best, but not necessary.
3. CRAYON: Cover message, and where ever the scratch-off area will be, completely with a white crayon.
4. MIX PAINT: Mix a 2 to 1 ratio of dish soap to paint on a small plate. You don’t need a lot a little bit goes a long way!
5. PAINT: Paint mixture over the area that you covered with the crayon. You will need to be very liberal with your your application, as the wax from the crayon will act as a repellent. I applied very thick amounts of paint on in a dapping motion. You can also repeat this process once it has dried. If the paint appears bumpy or uneven don’t worry because when it dries it will be perfectly smooth.
6. DRY: Due to the thickness of the paint and the fact that the paint can’t be absorbed in the paper, the valentine will need to dry for about 1 hour before it is completely dry.
7. SCRATCH: Provide a penny for your Valentine to scratch off their personalized message that is just for them.